Recovery Curriculum - September 2020
We recognise that starting or returning to school in September will evoke a range of emotions for children, having spent the last six months at home with their families. Children may also have been exposed to adults who are anxious and may not be acting in their normal way or maintaining the normal familiar routines. We have therefore planned a Recovery Curriculum which acknowledges that children have experienced big changes or losses affecting their mental health. During the first few weeks, we will concentrate on the smooth transition back into school life. The children will re-establish friendships and become familiar with their new classroom, staff, rules and routines. It will, of course, be underpinned by our core values of appreciation, resilience, enjoyment, wellbeing, ambition and being unique.
To help us support children with this, our Recovery Curriculum will focus on six areas:
- Supporting me to be myself and know I am unique.
- Supporting me to appreciate and build positive relationships with others.
- Supporting me to manage my feelings and behaviour.
- Supporting me to enjoy, achieve and be ambitious.
- Supporting my physical health and wellbeing.
- Support me to be resilient to further change.
Please click here to view our Recovery Curriculum Overview.