Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
A Child's View of the School Aims
What do the "School Aims" mean and what are the people in my School doing for me?
- Making school an exciting place to be, a place where I feel proud of my work displayed on the walls and of keeping my classroom tidy.
- Making school a place where I am happy and safe when I play and work, knowing that no-one will hurt me or make me sad.
- Making my learning interesting and lots of fun, including visits out of school and visitors to school.
- Giving me work that is not too easy but which makes me think hard before I can finish.
- Encourage me to have a go and saying well done where I have tried my best so that I will always love coming to school and learning new things.
- Telling me what I am good at, showing me what I have to do to get better and then giving me work that will help me improve a little bit every day, and all the time telling me how well I am doing and helping me when I need it.
- Taking time to notice me, to listen to me and to make me feel important and special by always telling me how good I am at everything and how hard I am trying. Then choosing me to take part in the special Praise Assembly in front of all the school.
- Making me believe that I can do something even when I think it is too hard so that I always have a go and am not worried about getting it wrong.
- Making me always want to do my very best.
- Making sure my family know what I am trying to do, how well I am doing and how they can help me to get better.
- Giving me a chance to tell people how I am feeling about my school so that they can make it even better for me.